Saturday, August 9, 2008

Celebrate Singapore

I forgot National Day is today

I forgot to wish Chi her birthday one day after mine

I forgot to tell them how thankful I was

I forgot to buy myself presents

I forgot about the pain I went through

Because I know more of them are on their way

And I have to understand the importance of celebrating the nation's birthday

And who are the ones we stood behind of, relying on their strength and courage

To fulfill the possibility of celebrating today and so throughout the many years since independence

The nation's backbone and defence, the people, the civilian force, the armed forces

"Training to be soldier
To fight for our land
Once in our life
Two years of our time
Have you ever wondered
Why must we serve
Because we love our land
And we want it to be free
To be free YAH"

No comments: