Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Full of Sorrows He Couldn't Share

Guard duty, so routine

To upkeep good conduct adds nothing to my value in the army

If one is physically strong and have a quick thinking

He would be one step ahead of others

During this 3 months of attending status 'B'

I have learnt, I have seen

That other than possessing leadership qualities and good physical attribute

Well behaviour and self-discipline are invisible to the top management

Maybe these characteristics were already expected to be imbued in each soldier

Not true

Are those people I saw, those that once I have trained with

Really compatible to be who we can rely on in times of need

Will they shed blood to save this land

I really doubt it

Young and rowdy, ill-disciplined, alcoholics and gluttons

The society has forced the general population to alter

Only for what I deem is negative

The defence force has somehow adopted the some say 'no fish, meat also can; no chicken, duck will do' mean

(Due to dropping population and urbanization?)

Of allocating men into each vocation to train them to fight

Only sad to see that this motion applies to my vocation as well

Farewell, red beret...

It has never been the place I wanted to be, not say staying

I may not have the pride to don the legendary-so-as-to-say headdress

But I wish the top can see that their troops have nothing to boast too

No comments: