Thursday, November 26, 2009

Hong Kong Ngoh Hoi Sum

Happy Hong Kong trip peppered with many little unhappiness and disappointments

It was my first time visiting this small cluster of islands

And expectantly, I have my expectations for the trip

One example of such disappointment

Was the hotel check-in service

There could have been so much time saved if only what we requested was amply prepared

But we understood that the hotel was having difficulties due to high accomodation rate

Baby's noise was another torment to bear

His incongruous demands for comforting and notorious wants for jie to carry him

Thankfully all of us have a high threshold level for such nonsense

Coming back to the positive side

I really enjoyed the chilling windy weather, with temperature as low as 11 degree Celsius

To stop my hands from turning 'cold-cut-trio' ready to be served

I got a pair of gloves from H&M to insulate them

H&M outlet is similar to the local variation of Topshop/Topman but I think they offer a more acceptable price range

Shopping makes me happy

My eyes glowed literally when we came to Uniqlo outlet at Lee's Theatre Plaza in Causeway Bay

Where I got a pair of jeans, a flannel shirt and a belt, and still felt that it was not enough

As we shopped and walked, the chill has already drilled itself up into my joints, giving me bites to remind me

However, all I could care was to tour as much places, see as many things and possibly spend as much as possible for the 6 days

In general, many of the attractions were very normal, but lively with the local and foreign visitors crowd

What we want to see was in fact the real Hong Kong streets, the run-down, flavourful and dirty side

However it shocks me when the surreal impression that we wanted to see became awful in reality

One night we had claypot rice for dinner at Temple Street

The utensils were unclean and our appetites were made worst by the ashes on them

The first perception that striked me was that the utensils were blessed with joss-paper ashes

Sheesh

I believe we Singaporeans are extremely well pampered

Almost everywhere we go we have air-con to chase away the heat

Restaurants we enter serve us promptly with piping hot food and clean utensils

Most of us can't help but expect things to be good yet cheap, clean yet tasty and must have guarantee

Hahaha

Ngoh hou hoi sum ah

Living in Singapore is still the best

No comments: