Monday, October 8, 2007

Genetics Super-Impose

Will children grow up to become just like their parents?

This is a question I guess many scientics, doctors, biologists and psychologists pondered about.

When I was young, many relatives mentioned that I look like my mum.

Our eyes. The distinctive trait.

Thick brows. Fearsome tiger eyes.

However, growing up years after years.

I see more of my father in me. Somewhere somehow.

Not blowing my own trumpet.

Honesty saying, honest was one great character my father presented me.

My parents were overall good singers.

Not surprisingly, I found that I could maintain my vocals well.

Able to sing properly without the need for specific training.

But just picking up pointers along sing-along karaoke sessions that had long became a norm families-friends activity.

As we learn, as we grow up, as we indulge ourselves in all sorts of nonsense and people.

Only then will we be able to look at ourselves in a clearer picture.

Our own eyes are often distorted. And we need people around us as our mirrors.

No comments: